So there have been a few changes since my last post. Most notably more new designs and developments on the logo front which I will go into later on in this post.
When posting the cover rough design in the last post, I noticed that on the top banner, the drop shadow was crazy big and taking up most of the one beneath it. However the original size banner, this was hardly noticeable. So since then I have worked on getting rid of this and having two files for when I’m done.
One of these files will be the original size as this won’t affect poster due to the drop shadow fitting in with the rest of the design in terms of the design. But when it comes down to flyer I shall do a smaller version and alter the drop shadow and other editing accordingly in order to avoid some crazy differences between the format its being produced in.
Since my post I spoke to jake who had came up with a few logo designs. Some pretty interesting designs, one of them he shown me being the one below. Again, we are still without a name but I think the one he’s used is quite decent, we’ll just have to see what happens with the rest of the group.
Since the last time I wrote anything, I have made significant progress with my work on the poster. Improving on the faults noticed by myself as well as taking in criticism, fortunately there wasn’t much criticism at all so I have done well really.
Here above is the current state of the poster, I did a few variations on the original design shown last week, experimenting with fonts and altering the size of the banners. The latter is something I have used for this design as I felt they were too thick and took up way too much room. I have also made room by making the Loros logo smaller
I’ve made quite a few adjustments really, removed the horrified looking woman from the Loros logo as it could give out the wrong idea about the charity for any passers by who see it. The idea behind her is that she’s looking up at the guitars floating in the sky as if its some sort of invasion. I am also going to include some keyboards and possibly microphones to accompany them. However this could end up looking quite messy so I may reduce the number of guitars already on there.
Other things I plan to work on now, is the colour scheme of the banners, it has come to mine and a few others who gave their opinion that it looks quite dark with the text so my next task would be to try and brighten them up. I’m also still experimenting with fonts. I quite like the one I used “Rosewood Std” which is the font that is on mostly used with “Brush script std” used as an experiment. While I like Rosewood, it does blend in with the banners a bit too much so I will see about making the red lighter.
Another exciting development as you can see is that we now have a name for the label. We went with Jake’s idea of MuTech Records which was instantly welcomed. Jake, as you may know, is working with me on this side of the event. Jakes role being the logo design. You can check his progress out here
Also in other news. While there was one of two people quite determined on the idea, we have decided against printing any flyers off in a majority vote, this is due to the risk of any being left lying around on the floor outside of college, the council will get involved and possibly be fined.
The date for the is still undecided, we currently have gone with using Upper Brown Street for our venue too. However given that its a college owned building we have to offer it to any other student on other courses if they have any proposals as such for the night, although we will have the majority of power over any decisions (I hope).
We also have a timeline set up on our colleges moodle, with deadlines for certain events to be done. One of the closest being the poster design, so I better stop writing this blog and finish this rapscallion. Once its done we aim to have the posters up in every Loros shop in Leicester, thats 22 shops! Its quite a strange thought having my design up in all of them but exciting nonetheless
So for now I bid you all goodbye.